.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Friday, October 07, 2005

Holidays and The Coming Term

Holidays were a little crazy. Well the last week of term and the first week of the holidays were extremely busy. We had the MAC/Moore Ball, I had to preach at both College and Dapto in those 2 weeks, I had a Hebrew test, an essay, lead 2 services and I got sick for a weekend (just before my essay was due - VERY inconvenient!). So by the end of that time I was pretty tired.

However, I did get to spend a few days in Wagstaffe (Central Coast) at Naomi's family's holiday house with a bunch of good friends. That was extremely enjoyable and a good chance to sleep in, play games, hang out at the beach and do not a great deal! The holidays did not feel long enough and sure enough before I knew it, it was time to go back to class.

Term 4 has begun (almost 2 weeks into it) and it will prove to be a very busy, stressful and tiring term. In week 4 I have our final Greek Exam, week 5 preaching in our preaching class, week 6 final Hebrew Exam, then 1 week of STUVAC and then into 2 weeks of final exams (6 in all in that period). So lots of prayer over the next seven weeks will be warmly welcomed.

However in the midst of all of this a group of us got to spend the public holiday aboard Naomi's Grandpa's 33ft Yacht (yes Naomi is the source of many hours of fun!). It was such a beautiful day and the company was splendid. There were 11 of us on board and we all had a great time (although one of our friends unfortunately felt a bit sea sick for most of the trip). After sailing all day we went to watch Serenity at the movies (which might I say is an extremely good film - if you don't mind a bit of violence) then went to a Turkish place on King St for dinner.

I will post both ball and yachting photos very soon so that you can see the fun that we had. But until then I must study hard! Bye for now...

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger -bw said...

You said that you never get comments on here, so I thought that I just had to post one.

Hi!

See you Monday, have a good weekend. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home