.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Many Blessings!!

I have been thinking lately how much more beautiful life is when you get to share it with people. God has richly blessed us with many beautiful things in life and I often forget to take the time to thank him.

I have really been enjoying spending time with and getting to know better some newish friends. It has been great!! Most of them are in second year at college (which can be quite helpful when you get lost in the first year course). They are Seumas, Marty, Tim, Russ, Al, and Kamal. There is also the regular crew of girls, Tan, Naomi (Nice), Lisa and Bec. We have also been joined by Izzy lately which has been fantastic. Izzy is from England and is in Australia for a while doing prac for her degree. She has till the end of December in Sydney with us and then heads to Brisbane for her 2nd last placement. We are currently trying to convince her to stay and do the last year of her degree here in the Sydney region somewhere (personally I think Wollongong would be a grand spot!) She is studying Landscape Design.

It is nice to be able to sit back and enjoy God in a time when things have the tendency to be very stressful. I am currently preparing to preach in our preaching class after lunch (although at this very moment I am not). Then we have Hebrew exam next Friday, stuvac, then 2 weeks of exams.

Last Friday we had our final Greek exam. That caused me considerable amounts of anxiety and I was feeling quite ill for the few days before it. However, my fantastic tutor (Seumas) worked hard with me and encouraged me lots and I do think that I passed quite effectively. I may not come out with flying colours but around here passes are great!!

In preparing my sermon for this afternoon (from Philippians 3:12-16), I have been reminded and encouraged to "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (3:14) What a great privilage it is to be one of God's children and to have a relationship with him!!!

Sunday morning at church I was also encouraged and reminded about how as Children of God we can come to him anytime in prayer and pray for anything. He loves to hear us pray. Pray continually!!!! What a challenge! I often need to be reminded to pray more.

Well, I have been encouraged by Seumas and his blog to try to keep this a little more up-to-date. So I will endeavour to do that. I do thank God for your prayers and your interest in what he is doing in and through me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home