.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Sinful People!

When you start to think things can't get any worse...they do. Today my frustration comes at the sinfulness of individuals. The pain and sadness I feel at this is huge. I am exhausted. Too much has happened in 3 days. And all conveniently around exam time. This has meant that studying for Hebrew has been difficult.

But as usual I hold firm to the truth I find in God. He is in control of this crazy world and the pain I feel at these injustices he feels even greater since he has created each one of us. He hates it when through sin we hurt each other. He hates it when the defenseless are taken advantage of.

But one day there will be justice! There will be justice for all the sin in this world. The scary thing about this is that the sin in my life will also be called to account. I will stand before my creator and have to give an account for all my sin and for pain that has been caused as a result.

But we have in Jesus a saviour who took the punishment for our sin. "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring [us] to God" (1 Peter 3:18 ). We will be accountable for our sin but if we trust in Jesus' saving death and resurrection we will not be found guilty. What a comfort in this world wrought with suffering and pain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home