.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Study...

Day 1 of Stuvac is over! And I didn't get a great deal of work done. I started with New Testament and was looking at Mark's Gospel. I was really enjoying what I was learning and so will continue with that for a bit tomorrow. I also have to look at Romans for the 2nd component of that course. After tomorrow I will certainly have to move on to another subject and then come back to NT just before the exam.

We also got our Church History essays back today. I got the highest mark for an essay this year (B+) but I was downgraded for handing it in late. But that is still a very satisfactory mark considering the conditions it was written under. The 2 weeks before that essay was due were phenomenally busy. I ended up starting the essay on Thurs (due on the following Mon) but then I got sick on the Friday and had to lead a service at church on the Sunday morning. I ended up handing in the essay on the Tues morning about 10am but the policy at College is that you loose one grade for every week or part of. So I lost 1 grade but I am still happy because I thought that it was a terrible essay.

So today has been quite pleasant. We watch last weeks episode of 24 this afternoon and then the episode on TV tonight. There is only 1 hour left and each hour is quite action packed (I may be somewhat addicted to the show). It was very exciting. So that will take up one hour on Friday perhaps (as it will be on TV on Thursday night).

The other thing that has also been supporting my procrastination has been the arranging of a birthday party. There are 4 of us who have birthdays within about a week and a half of each other so we are having a combined BBQ. I am really looking forward to it. It will be lovely to finish exams and then get to hang out with lots of people that I care about.

Well, I believe that I should go to bed so that I can get up and study hard tomorrow - I am looking forward to my date with Mark (the gospel writer that is), so I should get my beauty sleep. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home