.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Strange...

I think I have hit mid exam blues. I had a great time hanging out with some friends at college tonight for one of the guys' birthday (it was actually nice to be at college on a Friday night). I got to catch up with some old friends and that was really lovely. But then before I knew it everyone was gone and I was all of a sudden on my own. I was in the mood for hanging out with people then somehow I ended up on my own. That made me quite sad. So now I just feel sad :( It is strange how your mood can change so quickly. I guess that's what can happen when you are under the pressure of exams and probably a little sleep deprived.

Anyways, today's exam was fair. It was Church History and I think I did ok. I have had the amazing blessing with these exams to get questions on the topics that I have studied. Form guiding has served me well so far (by the graciousness of God - of course). I guess today I was really thanking God for the great figures of the Church like Athanasius, Ambrose, Augustine (yes they all like names starting with 'A' - it get confusing trying to remember who is who for and exam). If it wasn't for men like these, modern Christianity could be very messed up. Under the sovereign hand of God, he raised up these great men to fight heresies and defend the truth and we get the privilege of reaping the benefits of their hard labour and often martyrdom. Let's pray that we in this generation can stand firm in the truth and defend it against heresies (even if it means giving up our lives) so that future generations can also know the truth of God.

Well I could probably ramble on for hours but I will spare you and get some sleep :) and hopefully feel much better in the morning.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger -bw said...

Hey chick,
I know what you mean about the mid-exam blues. I feel as though I have hit a wall.
But we can do it, really really we can. And just think, Thurs night this week, it will all be over and we can go out and have some fun!!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Naomi said...

Yeah, you are right! It is just crazy how quickly your moods can change. And I am finding it so hard to study today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home