.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Monday, December 11, 2006

Momentary blackout for the homeless

Yes I am once again homeless for 3 months that is why I have been in a bit of a blackout and haven't blogged much... but now I have landed in a great house for over a month... 4 bedrooms, 4 levels, a pool, a plasma screen TV... really, does life get any better than this? ;)

Not only that but I started my job with my cousin at Glassons in Chatswood. It is fun to be hanging out with her more (she is so full of life and energy - I love her), and to be busy selling clothes again, earning money and having a life that is quite separate from college - ahhh so nice.

I have been in this house only 4 nights and have already had Tan and Lis sleep over, a sleep over Christmas party with the girls in my homegroup, and Wed night will be a Survivor party. Wow, I love having a house to entertain in. It is so much fun.

I also got to spend a night at Wagstaffe with the Party Boulevard crew... gee I miss you guys!! They are so much fun and the great thing is, they accept me as I am. They love me whether I'm happy or sad. It was great to be back hanging out with the old crowd again - ahhh a place to belong.

Refiner's Fire...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" Rom 8:28.

This has been what I have been holding onto so tightly lately. Even in the hard times... particularly in the hard times this promise is true. It is often really hard to trust this promise when things are difficult. About 4 years ago I prayed that God would break me and make me into the person he wanted me to be, but that he would wrap his arms around me as he does it. [WARNING: this is a dangerous prayer to pray so don't pray it if you don't mean it!] If there is one thing I have learnt over these last 4 years is that it is through these hard times that God is actually doing his best work. He is refining us and making us more like Jesus. Our faith is like gold that needs to be refined and purified but this only occurs as it is put into the fire and the impurities are melted away.

Thank you Lord for these hard times... Thank you that it means I am being made more and more into the likeness of your Son... Thank you that this is ultimately your good purpose for my life... Thank you through the hard times your promises are true and we can trust you!!

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home