.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Friday, January 19, 2007

*sigh of relief*


It is over!! I have done my Hebrew exam! And I don't have the feeling of being completely ill that I had the last 3 times that I sat it, so here's hoping. It's all kinda funny because I had been so cocky this year when it came to Hebrew, "All I need is 3% more than last year" was my catch cry so I slacked off and did next to no work. What I should have done instead was knuckle down and absolutely aced it since I had done the course once already. And the funniest thing is that I got exactly 3% less in this final exam than I did last year. God has a funny sense of humour. His way of humbling me I guess.

So this time round I worked as hard as I could in 2 weeks (around work and church) and threw myself upon God's mercy and I think this time it might be ok. But it has taught me a valuable lesson about humility. No matter how good you think you are at something God can always put you to shame if he has to. He wants diligent and faithful servants, not cocky, lazy ones. So this year (as I say every year) I am going to work really hard a being a nerd. I am going to do my very best to be faithful and diligent in my studies coz this year I am really going to need it.

Thanks for your prayers. Keep them up...I'll certainly need them :)

Now I'm off on holidays for 10 days!!! Yay!! Singing at friend's wedding tomorrow in Toowoomba then heading to spend some time with friends in Lismore. Can't Wait!! I really need this break!

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Good to hear you feel OK about Hebrew hope it went ok. Have a great holiday. Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home