.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

23 Today!!

Yes it has finally arrived - I am no longer "nearly 23" but I am in fact 23. A friend told me of a little girl who said, when asked her age, "I am 4 but I'm still a little bit 3." I though that was just precious and well now I can't even say "I'm 23 but I'm still a little bit 22." :)

We had our BBQ last night and it was just lovely. I had such a great day. There was lots of fun to be had and lots of great friends to hang out with. We spent the day making salads and stuff and it was really just a lovely day. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I also got some really lovely presents from friends that I just love.

I was preparing myself for a little anti-climax today because I didn't think many people were going to be around but so far it has been really nice. I had breakfast with my eldest brother while taking another one of my brothers to an appointment in the city (I have 4 brothers in case you are slightly confused at this stage). And I will be having lunch with some college friends soon too. I do however have a talk to write by tomorrow morning. I am speaking at Refresh (our mums' group in Dapto) but prayerfully it will come together fairly easily. I have been thinking about it for a number of days now.

The weekend was full of fun!! Friday night a group of us went to Ian's house for a few drinks then I came back to college to hang out with Naomi. We ended up talking about life and boys till about 3am. This meant that we only had about 4 1/2 hours sleep because we both had to pack up our rooms and move out of MAC by 12pm on Sat. But it was most enjoyable and it was great to spend some quality time with her. I think that she is just such a great chick. Well Sat came around very quickly (a little too quickly perhaps) and I moved out of MAC taking stuff to my brothers' house, the Mcphail's and leaving stuff in my car for the weekend. Sat night was Dave Yu's 30th and that was great, then back to Dapto for church in the morning. Church was good. I had lunch at Peter and Cheryl Cosgroves house which was just delightful. Again there was more talk of life and love and all that goes on. It was really great to be able to catch up with them. They had a bottle of Champagne waiting for me as a celebration for end of exams and my birthday so that was fun. It was just a lovely day. Then caught up with Arjha briefly, had a nap, then headed back to church. After church I came back to Erskineville and stayed the night at my bros' house.

I did enjoy my weekend very much and this week is looking to be busy but I am ok with that. Next week will probably be a week to crash and catch up on sleep and just relax. But for now I should write a talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home