.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Holidays are Here!!

Well, the holidays are here! This week is going to be bit of a crazy week but I am not stressed or unhappy about it. It is good that this is the busy week and I haven't had time to crash yet. I spoke at Refresh (our Mums of Preschoolers Group) this morning. It was an evangelistic talk about the preparations God made for the first Christmas and our need to prepare for Jesus' return. By God's grace it went well and I believe that there were interesting conversations afterwards. That is pleasing.

I still have a talk on Daniel for Kids' Club on Friday and a sermon on Mark 11 & 12 for the Youth service on Sunday. So still quite a bit of work to do this week. But I really enjoy preparing talks and getting stuck into the Bible so it should be an enjoyable week. And God is gracious when his word is being taught.

My birthday had continued for 3 days now and that is nice. I went out to lunch today with my Grandparents for lunch and then went to Thai with my parents for dinner. Grandma took me shopping to spend my birthday and Christmas money and I bought new jeans and a new party top. So I am looking forward to wearing my top out to Karaoke next Wed night.

Well to put a slight downer on my birthday my real dad in his usual style completely forgot about my birthday and even when I dropped him hints today still didn't really get it. You would think after 23 years I would be used to it but it still makes me a little sad :(

Anyways in general it has been an absolutely lovely week. Oh yeah I nearly forgot that Molly (Mary - who I stay with on the week ends, her 11 year old daughter) had made me a birthday cake. So I got to have that last night. That was lovely. It tasted great too!!

Ok that is all for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home