.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Saturday, December 10, 2005

End of a Chapter...

This weekend marks the end of a chapter in my life... Dapto! I will be finishing up at Dapto this Sunday. In 2 days time in fact. It all feels a little weird. I am excited about seeing ministry done differently and I love the idea of change. I love adventures and really am looking forward to what God has in store for me next year. But at the same time I look backwards and see the great things about Dapto. My mum tells me I have been at this church for 19 years. That is a long time!! It is practically my whole life. A lot has happened in that 19 years. All the things that have occurred have shaped me into the person that I am now. God has used every little experience (both good and bad) to make me who I am today. So to move on from that is also a little strange. When you leave something that has really only been your reality for most of your life is bizarre yet exciting. I think the reality of the situation is beginning to kick in.

I guess there is also working out how to finish off ministry the best way possible and to care for people in the best way I can. I know that this is not something that will be complete by Sunday night. It will take time and energy. But when you are talking about people's lives sometimes you need to sacrifice things so that another person will benefit more in the long term. I will work this through. I do know that this will not be my final time at Dapto forever but at the same time I know that honestly I wont be back to see Dapto Anglican on a Sunday much at all. I will have another parish that will require my attention. There are many mixed emotions going on inside at the moment.

My time at Dapto has been a great time to build some amazing friendships. The Pickford's have been absolute treasures. They have welcomed me into their lives and family so freely. There has been hard times but the I guess in the end I just feel apart of this family and indebted to them in many ways. There are also some amazing friends that I have here at Dapto. I have received so much support and love and I know that there are many that will continue to pray for me as I leave Dapto. And what a privilege prayer is. To know that people are committing you to the most awesome and high God's care is just so comforting and reassuring. He is a great God and he is faithful and powerful. He us able to do immeasurably more than we can ever ask or imagine.

Well, some random catch up of events. We had our carols in the showground tonight and it was great. I was involved in Kids' craft for the first 2 hrs or so but it all went really well. People pulled together and helped out and were amazing.

Grand Finals for squash were last night. I lost in 3 but played quite well and our team also lost. But in the end we had fun and we didn't have to referee so we were happy. And plus we won hand towels that are quite nice - so who can complain. My squash team is great and I love them heaps. They are great girls.

Well I think that I should sleep now - I am extremely exhausted. Please pray for this weekend. I am not sure really what it will hold (particularly Sunday night). Thanks :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home