.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The week gone by...

The week was quite a hectic week. I had every night out which gets a little bit much but on top of that I also had a Doctrine Book Review which was due today. So here is what happened...

Mon was college graduation. This was a great night. Graduation was at the town hall in the city so Naomi, Tan and I decided to go cheap clothes shopping in the city. I scored a couple cheap tops and 2 cheap belts. Very exciting!! Graduation was also good. Tan and I were in particularly silly moods which made for an extremely fun night. Then afterwards we got to catch up with some old friends which was also great.

Tues Tom Wright (Bishop of Durham in England) came to lecture at college. That was interesting but I was just so tired that I could focus properly on what he was saying (actually I think tiredness featured quite highly in the week). This day was also Seumas' Birthday so we went out to dinner to a vegan restaurant on King St. The food wasn't too bad but I had the buffet and it just wasn't hot enough. But then we went for gelato and that was GREAT!!

Wed was Bible study night. Another interesting night studying Hebrews. This hasn't been the easiest book to study especially since I have girls in my group at very different stages in their spiritual walk and very different levels in their knowledge of the Bible. It has been a real challenge and a stretch to really think hard about the individual girls in my group and to work out the best way to encourage them. But I think I am getting there.

Thursday is squash night. This night I filled in for a team in the West Comp and so I had to play at Windsor which took about an hour each way. But I won fairly easily and it was a nice enough game.

Fri I baby sat for the most delightful family. They are a gorgeous English family with 2 of the most well behaved children I have seen. They are 5 and 9 and they are just so delightful. It was also nice to earn a bit of cash while working on my book review.

Sat was a nice day. We went down to wollongong for my mum's birthday. I got to see family and catch up with one of my cousins who I haven't seen in ages. That was really nice. Then Sat night was a housewarming in Syd. Needless to say I did not get any work done this day.

Sundays these days are always great. I really love my new church. It is nice to go to such a great church to make my move away from my home church easier. But the people there are just so great. But perhaps I will tell you more about them in another blog.

So anyways, I got my assignment in, had dinner and went for a walk. So now it is time for me to go and do some Greek!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home