.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Nomes' News is Good News

Sunday, June 11, 2006

On MAC!

I feel like I need to add a disclaimer to my previous post on MAC. Yes I do struggle to live at MAC but that is largely due to my childhood and living at MAC brings up things that I guess I haven't dealt with properly yet. MAC is not really bad and many girls really enjoy living here. And to be honest there have been things that I have enjoyed about living in this community. It has been a great place to foster friendships (some of the friends I have met here are invaluable to me). It is a place where people care for each other and look out for each other.

Often when our emotions are sore then things get a little out of perspective (as they did for me on Monday). MAC is not a bad place to be. It has been difficult for me, it is true, but I am only 1 out of 42 girls and each girl has her own story. Some really enjoy living here. And any college-like place that you live in (even with just a couple of girls in a house) has its ups and downs. There will always be little things that bug you - but that is life - you can't avoid it. But that is not to say that it is a horrible place to be. I guess there is just so much stuff going on in my head at the moment, lots of emotions I am trying to sort through and this also heightens the feelings you have. It is also sinful nature to lash out at something tangible when you are having an emotional overload. And I am quite aware of my sinful nature.

On Tues I went and spoke to the Dean of Students here at MAC about how I was feeling and she was amazing. It says a lot when people who are a part of the institution you struggle with will happily sit down with you and empathize with how you are feeling while maintaining their commitment to the institution. It was a very helpful time.

So I guess the bottom line is that I am quite ashamed of saying the things I said in my out burst on Monday and I am sorry if they have tainted people's view of MAC. While I struggle here, I am aware that it is not completely MAC's fault and that there are lots of things that I need to deal with too. I hope these thoughts are helpful too.

Now it is time for me to sleep.

4 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'apart' and 'a part' do not have the same semantic signification.

Jedi Master

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Naomi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Naomi said...

I apologise for the disappointment you must feel in my Jedi training. It was late and I was very tired. But trust you to be the one who picks up all my grammatical errors :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Shannyn said...

Hey dude,
I don't think that you lashed out at all, so don't beat yourself up about it.
Dorm style living dosn't suit everyone and I think that it was refreshing for you to say that you struggle living there. All I ever hear about MAC is about how great it is, which will lead to me being let down when I go there and realise it's not perfect, nothing is.
If I am supposed to go to MAC then God will let me know, and a truthful blog isn't going to stop that from happening.
Good luck with your exams that are coming up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home